Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Lessons in Humilty

Jesus once said, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from 
me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find 
rest for your souls."

Jesus was and is the perfect example of humilty. He invites us to learn from him, to take his yoke. His yoke is easy and light because gentleness and humilty is light. Pride is heavy. Pride weighs down the soul and there is no rest. Only the burden can be felt on our back. Pride feeds the burden. Makes it heavier and heavier. Eventually the back will break under our pride. And we will fall. 

Humilty, on the otherhand, and it's close campanion, gentleness, lifts the yoke until it is barely felt. The more of these two virtues we possess the lighter our burdens in the world become. The world does not teach humilty of heart. Only Christ teaches such things to his followers. But more than a teaching he says he "is" gentle and humble of heart. We know him to be these because of the  way he is with us. More so we know it is true because in those moments when we do find a humble and gentle path we indeed find rest for our souls, just as he promised.

I recently witnessed this truth principe in action. A year ago some married friends of ours split up. She held off divorce to see if the man could change. The man was full of pride and self defenses. And his soul was far from at rest. But through the power of the Spirit he chose a humble and gentle path. He accepted his circumstances and lowered himself. He embraced humilty to such a degree that God began to remake him. His transformation was so astounding that she invited him back home. 

Recently the two of them went out to lunch. She asked him, "Do you remember when you asked me what I wanted in a husband?" He said, "Yes." She continued, "Well, I wrote it down a year ago and today I would like to show you the list and you can see how you have become that man." His eyes widened and he immediately replied, "No!"  "No, I do not want to see that list. My help comes from the Lord and I trust he will continue to change me as long as I focus on him."

The husband humbled himself and God lifted him up. It's amazing but true. And it's amazingly true in every circumstance. I looked the man in the eyes a few days ago and you know what I saw? A very, very light soul. A soul certainly at rest. It's a beautiful and inspiring sight to see - a man's soul at rest in His Lord. 

God keeps his promises. 


 Matthew 11:29 >>
Take my yoke upon you and learnfrom me,* for I am gentle andhumble in heart, and you will findrest for your souls.* 

Luke (2)
 Luke 1:48 >>
for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant.*From now on all generations will call me blessed,* 

 Luke 1:52 >>
He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.* 


Ephesians (1)
 Ephesians 4:2 >>
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another* in love. 


 James 4:6 >>
But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."* * 

 James 4:10 >>
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.* 

1 Peter (3)
 1 Peter 3:8 >>
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another;* be sympathetic, love as brothers,*be compassionate and humble.* 

 1 Peter 5:5 >>
Young men, in the same way be submissive* to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility* toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."* * 

 1 Peter 5:6 >>
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.* 
















































































No comments:

All Time Most Popular Posts

JUST FACTS!