Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Forgiveness

I just called an old friend Barry to apologize for things I said many years ago to him and to the church where he serves. God really laid this on my heart a few weeks ago in light of my overall new non-judgmental direction. Of course I tripped over my pride every day for about four weeks. But God would not leave me alone.

This morning I watched a video that ended with the speaker on his knees, crying out to God for forgiveness and for God to make a difference. It was pretty amazing. His humility brought me to tears. Then I got a return call from Barry.

It's wonderful to me how the Lord works so often gives us exactly what we need in the time that we need it. Today I needed to see that humility.

The real issue in telling someone you're sorry is not will they forgive but will I believe in their forgiveness. In this case Barry phrased it like this: David you know that forgiveness is a given. Of course I forgive you.

In that moment I paused while the words sunk in. Then I realized this is the same way in which God forgives us. Of course I forgive you.

All of us sin and fall short of the glory of God. We ask God for forgiveness. And he says: You know David forgiveness is a given.

Thank you Barry for showing me again the powerful love of our one Almighty God!

No comments:

All Time Most Popular Posts

JUST FACTS!