Sunday, October 9, 2011

Christ is the ONLY Way to the Father-Enter the Spirit to guide us! Hallelujah!

John 14

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled.* Trust* in God* ;* trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there* to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back* and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.* 4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

Jesus the Way to the Father
5 Thomas* said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus answered, "I am* the way* and the truth* and the life.* No one comes to the Father except through me.* 7 If you really knew me, you would know* my Father as well.* From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
8 Philip* said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.* How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?* The words I say to you are not just my own.* Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.* 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith* in me will do what I have been doing.* He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask* in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command.* 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor* to be with you forever- 17 the Spirit of truth.* The world cannot accept him,* because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be* in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans;* I will come to you.* 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.* Because I live, you also will live.* 20 On that day* you will realize that I am in my Father,* and you are in me, and I am in you.* 21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.* He who loves me will be loved by my Father,* and I too will love him and show myself to him."
22 Then Judas* (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?"*
23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.* My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.* 24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.*
25 "All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Counselor,* the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name,* will teach you all things* and will remind you of everything I have said to you.* 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.* I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled* and do not be afraid.
28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.'* If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father,* for the Father is greater than I.* 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe.* 30 I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world* is coming. He has no hold on me,
31 but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.* "Come now; let us leave.

John 15

















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

All Time Most Popular Posts

JUST FACTS!